GARMIN GTR225A - COMM RADIO - INCLUDING INSTALLATION
Garmin GTR 225A “All In” Price
Supply and installation “All In” one price!
Please read the terms and conditions tab before purchasing this deal.
How this deal works:
- 1. Add this deal to you cart and purchase.
- 2. We will contact you to arrange a date for installation.
- 3. You fly in and we install your unit on the pre arranged install date!
- 4. Done! No extra costs*
Reduce Your Workload
- 10 W or 16 W COM with 25 kHz or 8.33 kHz spacing
- Reverse frequency lookup based on location or station ID
- Stores your most used frequencies for easy access
- Displays distance, time and speed
- 1-touch emergency channel tuning
Let the versatile GTR 225 Comm radio reduce the amount of work you do in the cockpit. Not only does the GTR 225 meet the basic needs of most pilots – including adhering to new airspace requirements in Europe – but features a number of advanced features that save you time and effort.
Choose Your Installation
The GTR 225 is available in 3 versions to fit your needs. Two of these models are available with 25 kHz frequency channel spacing and 8.33 kHz channel spacing to meet the impending Single European Sky mandatethat all aircraft in Europe will need to operate with by 2018. It's also available with either 10 W or 16 W of transmitter output, letting you find the right balance of power and price. All 3 versions include a 2-place intercom that’s ideal for 2-seat aircraft; no additional hardware is required to communicate with your passenger. Plus, remote frequency flip-flop capability can help in demanding operating environments like helicopters, letting pilots keep their hands on the controls.
Reduce Your Workload
In addition to traditional Comm features, the GTR 225 incorporates a number of functions that can save you time and effort. Provide the GTR 225 with an airport identifier and it will automatically find its frequency (and vice versa) thanks to a built-in, updateable database. When installed with a compatible GPS source like our GTN or GNS series avionics, you can also view facility name and type when tuned to a valid station. You'll gain the confidence of knowing you're talking to the right controller every time. The Comm's database technology also allows you to store and recall commonly used or recently used frequencies by an assigned name. All information is displayed prominently on the device's large sunlight-readable LCD display so you can read it at a glance.
Never Miss a Transmission
With its standby frequency-monitoring feature, the GTR 225 gives you the ability to listen to ATIS while monitoring ATC. Swapping your active and standby frequencies is done with a single touch of a button. No longer will you have to worry about missing an ATC call or other critical transmission. You can also use the built-in timer to assist with approaches, holds and other assigned maneuvers.
Need night vision?
For pilots flying patrol aircraft or helicopters while using night vision goggles (NVGs) to aid visual surveillance, the GNC 255 series NAV/COMM radios are available in versions that offer NVG-compatible displays. Featuring readouts and lighting designed to suppress light waves in the red to near-infrared (NIR) spectrum, these radios screen out distracting light interference for NVG operations – while providing crisp, vivid display readability under all lighting conditions, from nighttime to bright daylight.
Worldwide Comm Database
Enter the airport identifier to find the frequency (or frequencies) associated with that location. Uses GPS input (from compatible systems, sold separately) to determine locations for each of the 25 nearest airports, Flight Service Stations, ATC facilities, WX stations, etc.
Comm Radio Features
- ·Flight Service Stations, ATC facilities, WX stations, etc.
- ·Active and standby flip-flop frequencies
- ·One-touch 121.5 emergency channel tuning
- ·Comm frequency monitor function (listens to standby while monitoring the active)
- ·Recall of frequency from database by facility name and type
- ·Database reverse lookup of frequencies providing station ID andfrequency use (TWR, ATIS, etc.)
- ·Volume control bar graph display
- ·Alphanumeric display of frequency types (ATIS, GRND, TWR, etc.)
- ·High-visibility alphanumeric LCD display
- ·Transmit status indicator
- ·Backlit keypad controls
- ·Automatic and manual, pilot-selectable display intensity control
- ·Built-in, two-place voice activated intercom
- ·Frequency memory and recall
- ·Stores/recalls 15 user defined frequencies
- ·Stores/recalls previous 20 frequencies used
- ·Squelch test function
- ·Stuck mic time-out
- ·12 W audio amplifier
Terms and Conditions*
-Aircraft Type-dependent, this deal is based on a PA28. Extra install costs may be payable on other types
-Com Antenna, extra costs may be payable if current com antenna is unserviceable
-Garmin mod will be used on EASA registered aircraft. There may be extra costs on non-easa aircraft.
-Installation subject to install teams workload. Can be up to and over 3 months from purchase date in some cases.
-Installation must take place at our install facility at Solent Airport.
-Landing fees are payable by the customer
-We will need the aircraft for a total of 5 days to complete this install. (this a guideline which takes into account possible weather delays ect, typically we can action an install of this kind in 1-2 days)